“Gratitude in advance is the most powerful creative force in the universe”
Neale Donald Walsh
Look around you, look very close, you will begin to see that in today’s society many people are not grateful for what they have, as a matter of fact they behave in a totally opposite way. We live in a society where many people are complaining about their life and circumstances. A way out of this, offered by the elite is to keep attempting to make one self better, through the possession of materialistic items, however, this does not satisfy us. It actually makes us want more and thereby not appreciate what we currently have. We live in a World where a lot of us (me included) are never truly grateful for the miracle of life, and for the fact we are alive… right here, right now.
Why / How is Gratitude so powerful?!
Employing gratitude is an EXTREMELY powerful process. When you stop, reflect on life and be truly grateful for what you have your life will begin to change. You will genuinely be happy. Gone will be the days of claiming to be a happy once a future goal is reached, you can choose to be happy NOW.
Gratitude is the key to happiness. Daily practice of gratitude can ironically allow you to reach your goals faster. Ever heard the saying ‘fake it till you make it’? Well this is similar to gratitude, be happy now, be grateful now, feel how you would in your ideal life now, and guess what? One of the most important steps towards your goal is achieved. Be grateful for the flowers outside, your family helping you out, a stranger giving you way in traffic, and even for the food on your plate. Some of the most happiest people are those with nothing at all to their name. They have nothing, yet somehow, have everything.
How to practice gratitude
Practising gratitude is a very simple process and need not be complicated, however, there are many different ways to practice gratitude. Here are some of my favourites.
- Gratitude Journal – Every day, find three new things to be grateful about and write them down in as much detail as possible. Whenever feeling ungrateful, simply refer back to your gratitude journal.
- Speak gratitude into existence – As you go about your day, attempt to notice as many things to be grateful for as possible. When you see something, marvel at it, do not judge it, simply be grateful for its beauty, and say it out loud.
- Give more thanks – Saying thank you is one, if not the most powerful form of gratitude you can employ. Say thank you for everything. For your life, for the postman delivering you valuable letters, your mother for her home-cooked foods. Say thank you more, and you will receive more.
Lastly, attempt to always see life with the attitude of gratitude. Be genuinely grateful, and you will be happy, I guarantee it.
Thank you for reading this article. Read more on these topics
- Enquiries: BrownBoyBodybuilder@outlook.com
- Like My Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/brownboybodybuilder
- Follow me on Twitter! – https://twitter.com/BROWNBOYBB
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brownboybb
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW