We are often caught up in a World with so much to do. Endless mundane tasks after the standard working hours (9-5) mean we very rarely get a chance to look into what we love. Even more so, when time presents itself, we are wasteful, and prefer a night in front of the TV or on social media. Now although these activities are not necessarily bad, they are no doubt dangerous.
The misuse of free-time
The average Man or Woman works for 8 hours and usually tends to sleep for 2 hours. Add on 2 hours for miscellaneous tasks (like getting ready etc.) and the average individual has 6 hours free time to do as they wish.
Many of us unconsciously spending this time doing things which are of no benefit to our deeper inherent goals. We watch the latest TV show, we go on our phones, we comfort eat… we do anything but be productive.
Accumulate years worth of this and soon you are 60 years old, in the same job, your body falling apart, miserable.
Use your time wisely
Now we have established the average person has 6 hours free time, its now time to start utilizing this time; often the first (and most difficult) step is defining what you want and who you are.
If we have dreams and are still willing to work on them, it is crucial we use these 6 hours in the most productive way possible.
Read books on your specialty, practice techniques, study, learn and most importantly TAKE ACTION! (Read more about this – Service
Many of us complain about the circumstances of our lives; we work long hours, we’re tired, we simply don’t have enough… time.
This my friends is an illusion, we have an abundance of time. We must use it wisely. Circumstances do not define us, we must define them.
Tips to use your time wisely
- Set apart 1 hour a day devoted to exercising your mind. Think of ideas on your goal. It is like digging in a rich deep well of gold.
- Meditate – Meditate for at least 15 minutes a day. It will help you focus and slow down. Most importantly, it will allow you to realize what matters most.
- Collate a schedule – Your out of hours time can easily slip away, prevent this by setting a schedule of how you will you use your time.
- Read a book on your specialty – Emerson once said when you read a book you find yourself. Read a book which will help towards your goal and help you stay motivated.
Finally there is one more thing I would like to mention and that is discipline. Follow through on goals you have set, and have the discipline to take the required action each and every day. Before you know it, your goals will be much closer to you than you have ever imagined.
Use your time well, peace and love BrownBoy x
- Enquiries: BrownBoyBodybuilder@outlook.com
- Like My Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/brownboybodybuilder
- Follow me on Twitter! – https://twitter.com/BROWNBOYBB
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brownboybb
- Snapchat: Aliijunaiid
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW