“A setback is a Setup for a comeback”
Throughout the life of aspiration, one will encounter many setbacks. Often when these occur everything seems confusing and separate. We cannot put two and two together in order to move forward. One can start to feel as if they have failed and this is the end. However, it does not have to be like this. After the initial gloom we can really (if we choose to) gather our tools and once again continue with our dream
What is a Setback?
A setback is something which occurs when you momentarily fail at something. You were doing well and suddenly everything collapsed, and in dramatic fashion! Its like a football team who have been playing well all season, then out of the blue they suffer a rare defeat. this then hinders the team and they end up falling way short of the mark come the end of the season. Could I mention Arsenal FC from 2005-2014 here? They are a prime example.
A setback can very quickly become the end. During a setback, energy levels are low and we are often left contemplating why we even embarked upon the designated task in the first place. this can lead to a lot of soul searching and one may even change paths (which is not a bad thing)
However setbacks do not define us.
Why Have I Encountered A Setback?
On a personal note I am a very superstitious person when it comes to this question, and i often believe that there is something written that is meant to be played out in our lives; and this can be said about setbacks.
Simply put, a setback is meant to happen. Often life is testing your will to see what your made off. Another notion could be that what you were doing in pursuit of your goal / dream was in-congruent to what you truly wanted. Finally it could be that what you are doing is not working and you finally have realised this, a blessing in disguise. You have jumped out of the river of illusion.
Steps To Deal with A Setback
- Allow time for the failure to sink in – It is important to allow thyself to go through the periods of downward energies in order to learn what is required. When you encounter a setback, face it as it is, and do not run away from the ill feeling. Instead, embrace it and allow yourself to feel all those painful energies; trust me it will help.
- Ask Yourself… Why Did This Happen? – As I said earlier setbacks have a blessing in disguise. Truly look within and ask why did this setback occur. Was I doing the wrong thing? Am I truly invested in this? Do I want this? What did I do wrong? What does my heart tell me? These questions will help you figure out why this occurred.
- Focus On What You CAN Do – Setbacks occur for a multitude of reasons and often these reasons are not in control. To simplify matters, observe the setback and think of constructive ways you can overcome it, through the use of your own will; and realise this, the key to your dream lies in the factors within the remit of our control. Once we master these, the external forces will acquiesce to allow the fulfilment of your dream.
I have been away for a long time and have had to do a lot of soul searching. I am still learning like all of you guys who read my articles. I would like to take this moment to thank all those who take the time to read, like and share my articles; you are my inspiration and the reason why I have returned to my dream; I had a setback too, and guess what? it was exactly what I needed.
Peace and love, Brown Boy.
- Enquiries: BrownBoyBodybuilder@outlook.com
- Like My Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/brownboybodybuilder
- Follow me on Twitter! – https://twitter.com/BROWNBOYBB
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brownboybb
- Snapchat: Aliijunaiid
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW